Statement of Faith Responsibilities and Guidelines
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God, and of supreme and final authority.
2. We believe that there is one living and true God; an infinite, intelligent Spirit, perfect in all His attributes, one in essence but eternally subsistent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the fall of man; although originally created in the image of God, through the disobedience of Adam, man fell into a sinful and spiritually impotent state, totally unable to justify himself before God.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is the express image of the invisible God, which is to say He is God; that He became man, yet without sin, being conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary; that He died on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for sin; that He arose from the dead in the body in which He was crucified; that He ascended into Heaven in that body glorified, where He is now, our interceding High Priest; and that He will return personally, visibly, and gloriously.
5. We believe that salvation is wholly of God, by grace; that God in love gave His only Son to die on the cross for sin, thus procuring the redemption of those who come to Him; that this salvation is not merited in any way by man; that this salvation is eternal in its duration and results in good works.
We seek to emphasize the “Christian” in Christian Home Educators of Camden. Please remember that wherever we go, whatever we do, we are all ambassadors for Christ, homeschooling, and CHEC. We do not want to damage the reputation of any of these in our community.
◊ Each member should remain informed by checking the website every month, and by checking loop email frequently. If you have questions, please feel free to call or email!
◊ Each member should be aware of and meet deadlines for sign-ups, and graciously accept you will not be able to participate if you miss them. If you are unsure whether you can attend an event, a cancellation is much easier to process than a late sign-up!
◊ At field trips and group activities, it is expected that parents and children be courteous, considerate, and respectful of one another. We expect children to behave themselves and follow the rules of the location being visited.
◊ Handle grievances respectfully and in a Christ-like manner, according to Biblical guidelines. Disagreements between members should be handled privately. Grievances or complaints regarding group activities, policies, or processes should be handled privately by contacting an Administrative team member directly or through the A/T email (firstname.lastname@example.org).